I am Valerie Ann Adams and I have been running my private practice at Galgorm Counselling for the past 18 years.
I specialise in private one to one counselling and address a wide range of issues.
Psychosynthesis, Psychodynamic and Person-Centred approaches inform my work.
As a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, I adhere to their code of Ethical and Professional conduct. I am BACP Registered.
I trained as a therapeutic counsellor at the Institute of Psychosynthesis in London attaining a Post-graduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Therapeutic Counselling.
The six years of training was very intensive and rigorous. It has equipped me to address a wide range of issues with people from diverse backgrounds.
I have taken numerous courses since my training and read extensively to enhance my professional development.
Issues I deal with include:
- Relationship problems
- Emotional, physical, sexual and spiritual abuse
- Post- traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of confidence, Inner conflict
- Bereavement and loss
- Trust issues
- Adolescent Issues: e.g. Bullying, Isolation
- Adjusting to retirement
- A desire to make sense of thoughts and feelings that are overwhelming
- Crisis of Identity: Confusion about your sense of self
- Crisis of Meaning or Mid-life Crisis: A search for purpose and meaning in life
- Spiritual Crisis
- Psychosomatic symptoms: Finding meaning to physical symptoms
I design and facilitate personal development workshops for small groups. These give participants the opportunity to take time to reflect on their life and to understand themselves and their relationships better.
As a qualified supervisor, I offer supervision for trained counsellors to support them in their counselling work.
Qualifcation: CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
Continuing Professional Development
As an experienced counselling tutor, I design and facilitate private workshops and master classes for both qualified and trainee counsellors.